[kepler-dev] Using PortParameter as StringParameter

Ilkay Altintas altintas at sdsc.edu
Fri Nov 19 17:44:38 PST 2004

Edward,

Thanks for the useful information on the StringMode.

Can we also do this for FileParameter? We went through the javadoc but
couldn't find a way to set the parameter to a FileParameter that shows
the browse button.

Another trivial question is for showing the name of the port. Looks
like we need to do more than adding a _showName attribute to the
PortParameter to show its name. It can be done through the UI but
couldn't find a way to do it in the actor code.

Thanks very much on advance,
Ilkay