[kepler-dev] recording Ptolemy/Kepler demos

Ferdinando Villa ferdinando.villa at uvm.edu
Thu Nov 11 10:37:06 PST 2004

I've just tried out vnc2swf and it seems to work great. Took 5 minutes
to set up and install, and it works on most systems, recording from most
systems. Being vnc-based the display may be a bit sluggish. The issue is
mostly whether we can live with (or translate) flash animations.

ferdinando

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 13:29, Laura L. Downey wrote:
> I sent Mark a url that referenced several screen cam/screen recording
> software apps.  Some are commercial products, some shareware and a few
> freeware.  See:  http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/screenrecorders/
>
> I followed the sourceforge.net link but I didn't see a screen recorder
> referenced on the site.  Am I missing something?  It looked more like a way
> to test code than to actually record anything.
>
> VNC also looks like it only works on Unix and we are thinking here at UNM we
> need something to record on a Windows platform.  After all, the Windows
> platform is our biggest -- at around an estimated 75-80% of our target user
> base.
>
> Does whatever screen recorder we choose have to be open source or freeware
> or shareware?
>
> Laura L. Downey
> Senior Usability Engineer
> LTER Network Office
> Department of Biology, MSC03 2020
> 1 University of New Mexico
> Albuquerque, NM  87131-0001
> 505.277.3157
> ldowney at lternet.edu

Ferdinando Villa, Ph.D., Associate Research Professor, Ecoinformatics
Gund Institute for Ecological Economics and Dept of Botany, Univ. of Vermont
http://ecoinformatics.uvm.edu