[kepler-dev] recording Ptolemy/Kepler demos

Laura L. Downey ldowney at lternet.edu
Thu Nov 11 10:29:27 PST 2004

I sent Mark a url that referenced several screen cam/screen recording
software apps.  Some are commercial products, some shareware and a few
freeware.  See:  http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/screenrecorders/

I followed the sourceforge.net link but I didn't see a screen recorder
referenced on the site.  Am I missing something?  It looked more like a way
to test code than to actually record anything.

VNC also looks like it only works on Unix and we are thinking here at UNM we
need something to record on a Windows platform.  After all, the Windows
platform is our biggest -- at around an estimated 75-80% of our target user
base.

Does whatever screen recorder we choose have to be open source or freeware
or shareware?

Laura L. Downey
Senior Usability Engineer
LTER Network Office