[kepler-dev] The best way to check in new versions of actors?

Ilkay Altintas altintas at sdsc.edu
Mon Nov 8 15:27:38 PST 2004

Hi,

I have updated the CommandLine actor to accept the command also from an
input port. (I made the command a PortParameter.)

I didn't want to check it in yet as there are some workflow that use
this actor, and checking in this change will break all of them until
they are updated again.

I was wondering what the best way to do updates like this would be?
Should I make a new version of the actor with a new name for a while?
Another thing would be to search for workflows that use this actor
somehow, test them and update them all with the new version of the
actor.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
ilkay