[kepler-dev] Add depency in build.xml?

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Mar 26 09:46:42 PST 2004

I think that's a good idea.  Right now the current Kepler build does not
work with the HEAD of the Ptolemy CVS tree, but Efrat aid on IRC the
other day that she is working on getting the problems worked out.  Right
Efrat?  Once it builds against the HEAD, I think that it would be good
to start our build off of the Ptolemy tree CVS, rather than ptII3.0.2 as
we currently are doing.  Of course, this depends on the HEAD of the tree
being relatively robust.

And it also has implications for when we can release versions of Kepler.
  I assume that you wouldn't want us to release Kepler with any Ptolemy
code that hasn't been released in Ptolemy.  So....maybe we could create
a tag in the Ptolemy tree (e.g., KEPLER_BUILD_BASE) that we would check
out and build against.  When code in the Ptolemy tree stabilizes and is
releasable by Kepler, we would either move the tag or create a new tag
against which we would be building.

If we did it this way, we could probably stay much more closely
synchronized with the changes in the Ptolemy tree, and it would be
automated as part of the ant build.

Thoughts,

Matt

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu