[kepler-dev] Re: [SDM-SPA] RFC new directory structure

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Mar 18 09:54:54 PST 2004

I've recognized that this merge back with Ptolemy was going to cause
some pain.  Right now our developers are not on the Ptolemy team and so
it is extremely difficult to make changes to the core Ptolemy classes.
Chad and Ilkay and I discussed this, and thought that an interim
approach to simply overwrite some Ptolemy java files would work until we
could figure out a better way to integrate our work with the Ptolemy
work.  This will become even more of an issue as we develop our user
interface changes as described in the kepler/docs/dev/screenshots
directory, as these will involve a number of significant changes to vergil.

Integration is going to be an ongoing issue, and one that we have to
discuss again sometime, maybe after (or just before) the first Kepler
release when our code changes are more stable?

Matt

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara