[kepler-dev] Re: IEEE Internet Computing: March/April 2004 issue online

Edward A Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Mar 10 07:31:32 PST 2004

At 02:06 AM 3/10/2004 -0800, Bertram Ludaescher wrote:
>Maybe we can find a general schema to do that (e.g., BPEL seems to
>have something there). I wonder what the the Ptolemy folks think about
>a scheme for handling unreliable actors".

This is one of our objectives for the lifecycle management library...
One of the capabilities that is required is a component that is
an exception handler.  Handling an exception could trigger a
mode change or some other action.  Another capability that
is required is checkpointing with rollback.  A third is health
monitoring (e.g., monitoring the memory usage of a model).

All of this is work, of course ...

Edward

Edward A. Lee, Professor
518 Cory Hall, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720
phone: 510-642-0455, fax: 510-642-2739
eal at eecs.Berkeley.EDU, http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/~eal