[kepler-dev] RE: [SDM-SPA] Latest SPA Release (updated)

dcolonn@ncsu.edu dcolonn at ncsu.edu
Mon Mar 8 12:45:53 PST 2004

Hey Ilkay,

Thank for the suggestion.  I can't send you the code, because my laptop
just went in for repairs. But I can descibe the details of what I'm doing,
and maybe you can get our generic actor working with this service.

A good place to start is to get the Soaplab client code from the anonymus CVS

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvsebi.ebi.ac.uk:/ebi/cvs/public login
Password: none
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvsebi.ebi.ac.uk:/ebi/cvs/public co soaplab
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvsebi.ebi.ac.uk:/ebi/cvs/public logout

The program AnalysisClient.java lets you run tfscan.  An example set of
parameters that works:

java AnalysisClient
   -e http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/soap/soaplab
   -name nucleic_transcription::tfscan
   -w -r
   sequence_usa embl:xlrhodop

If you want to see all the inputs and outputs add -ii and -oo.

java AnalysisClient
   -e http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/soap/soaplab
   -name nucleic_transcription::tfscan
   -ii -oo

To see an xml description of parameters use -d.

There are 2 ways to input sequance data.  I want to start with this one

sequence_direct_data gccccccccgt

but you can also point to an EMBL database entry

sequence_usa embl:xlrhodop

As another approach, you can generate stubs from the WSDL document but you
need the latest (CVS build) version of apache axis wsdl2java to deal with
the <throwable> tag. So, if my ****ing laptop was working , my approach
would be to use the analysis client.

-Daniel