[kepler-dev] Latest SPA Release (updated)

Christopher Hylands Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 4 16:02:34 PST 2004

No worries about the copyrights, I'm happy with what is there now,
modulo the spelling.

Thanks for the info about accession numbers.

I created c:\tmp\access.txt with
AA045112
AA039967

7. Now, the first time I run, I get:

ptolemy.kernel.util.IllegalActionException: Cannot open file or URL
  in .PIW-full.FileReader.fileOrURL
Because:
C:\Program Files\SDM\SWE\Demo\clustalinput.txt (The system cannot find
the file specified)
  in .PIW-full.FileReader
  at ptolemy.actor.lib.io.FileReader.fire(FileReader.java:152)
  at ptolemy.actor.process.ProcessThread.run(ProcessThread.java:190)

However, the C:\Program Files\SDM\SWE\Demo\clustalinput.txt
file gets create and the second and successive time I run I do not
see the error.

8. It might be worth resizing the Display actors and laying them out
so they don't obscure each other.  If the layout is updated and
the model saved, then when the model is reopened, the layout should be
preserved.

9. It would be cool if we had an actor that would display html
output in the browser.  This actor would accumulate data and
then in wrapup() dump it to a file and invoke the browser.
Perhaps you already have such an actor?

-Christopher

--------

    Hi Christopher,

    The credit on your congrats should go to Zhengang as he's the one who built
    it.

    Thanks for the comments. We have built this version just for SDM-SPA.
    Zhengang and I are working on another version for the whole Kepler right
    now.
    The typos, copyrights and the shortcuts will be fixed in that version.

    For running the sdm version:

    Accession number is a unique id for a gene in worldwide genebanks.
    The filereader reads the accession number to be searched in the Genbank fro
    a file.
    So please create a file let's say c:\access.txt and put
    AA045112
    AA039967
    in the file (two accession numbers, one per line).
    If you browse this file from file reader (file reader for accession numbers
   )
    afterwards, you will not get an error.

    Hope this helps to run it.

    Ilkay