[kepler-dev] Kepler UI- "Boxes and Arrows"

Daniel Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Jun 18 14:13:54 PDT 2004

Hi All,

    The recent Kepler thread discussing all sorts of UI issues got me
thinking about a lot of the issues discussed.  In particular, I liked
Bertram's characterization of such visual systems as "Boxes and Arrows".
As a result I put together a personal web page with a number of example
screen shots from various "Box and Arrow" systems (e.g. Stella, Kepler)
to try to show similarities and differences. I also added some thoughts
of my own. If you are interested, see

http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/~higgins/BoxesAndArrows/
<http://www.nceas.uscb.edu/%7Ehiggins/BoxesAndArrows/>

Comments are always appreciated.