[kepler-dev] Re: [seek-kr-sms] UI

penningd@lternet.edu penningd at lternet.edu
Thu Jun 10 10:03:59 PDT 2004

I think these are all excellent ideas, that we should follow up on.  These are
closely related to the whole UI issue.  Ferdinando and I have talked about
trying to generate a prototype of his IMA approach using the GARP workflow.  I
think we should do the same thing with GME.  Or maybe, if we look at them
together, they are closely linked and could be used together.  I think
"meta-model" really conveys the idea here, and that it is the level at which our
scientists are most likely to work.  Generating a working model from a
meta-model seems to be the difficult step, but that's where semantically-created
transformation steps would be extremely useful.

Deana