[kepler-dev] membership nomination: Dan Higgins

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Jun 7 11:35:42 PDT 2004

Approve.

Dan's contributions so far have been substantial, and we fully expect
them to continue.  Dan Higgins' Kepler activities to date include:

1) Created  a Kepler installer for the Kepler website (using
InstallAnywhere) (which included a relative path batch file for starting
Kepler)
2) Discovered several problems in the Mac OS X version of the Ptolemy
4.0 Beta code that kept the Mac version from properly working. Provided
Mac testing for Steve Neuendorffer and Chris Brooks in support of fixes
to make Ptolemy Beta4 work properly for the Mac OSX. [Fixes for right
click functionality, mapping of <cntr> to <command> key, etc.]
3) Modified ant build file for Ptolemy 3 to work for Ptolemy 4Beta
4) Created several example workflows for sampling using existing Ptolemy
actors.
5) Currently working on creating an 'R' actor for use in Kepler.
[Current work based on command line/exec actors to launch 'R']

Matt

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara