[kepler-dev] agenda for kepler meeting

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Sat Jun 5 08:43:25 PDT 2004

I agree, these are nice suggestions for documentation.  In addition, I
think we can go further.  The process of documenting actors and
workflows is tightly tied to the process of doing semantic registration
as we've discussed with you and Shawn.  We talked a bit about semantic
registration during this kepler meeting in SB over the last two days,
and have some kepler-specific tasks to follow up on with you and Shawn.
  If we have both natural language documentation and formal semantic
registrations as documentation, it would be nice if they could be stored
together.  Chad has the task of following through on designing, with
KR/SMS folks, a precise solution to storing the registration mappings
for actors, workflows (MoML), web services (WSDL), and data (EML).  This
is a necessary precursor to our ability to implement the ontology-driven
browsing features that we discussed (also a major topic of our meeting).

Cheers,
Matt