[kepler-dev] new actor library format for ptII4?

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Jul 13 15:20:42 PDT 2004

Hi,

When adding a new actor to the actor library under PTII3, I used the
following code:

public NewActorWizardTableau(PtolemyEffigy container, String name)
     throws IllegalActionException, NameDuplicationException
   {
     super(container, name);

     //create the wizard frame
     Effigy e = container.topEffigy();
     Container parent = e.showTableaux().getFrame();

     Configuration c = (Configuration)e.toplevel();

     actorLibrary = (CompositeEntity)c.getEntity("actor library");

     CompositeEntity actorLibNest =
       (CompositeEntity)actorLibrary.getEntity("actor library");

     CompositeEntity dynActor =
         (CompositeEntity)actorLibNest.getEntity("dynamicActor");

    }

I was basically starting eith the topEffigy of the container and working
my way down the model to the actor library, then adding the actors to
the appropriate object under actor library.  When we upgraded to PTII4,
this stopped working.  Now, when I try to get the "actor library"
submodel, all I see are Utilities and UserLibrary.  I used to be able to
get to any of the Actors subtree as well.  Does anyone know if something
changed in PTII4 that does not allow you to navigate this model anymore?
  Is there now a better way to navigate through the model?

Thanks,
chad