[kepler-dev] Ptolemy II UI

xiaowen xin2 at llnl.gov
Thu Jul 1 10:23:06 PDT 2004

Hi Edward,

Thanks for the response.

I've attached a workflow that shows this problem in Ptolemy II 4.0.

To create this workflow, I basically took a valid workflow and manually
edited it to change the _location property from something like [85.0,
45.0] to (85.0, 45.0).  Since the MoML parser doesn't recognize the
usage of the parenthesis, it gives many errors.  The error dialogs don't
have the 'Skip remaining errors' button, so there's no way that I could
see to stop the series of error dialogs.

This example is slightly contrived since users don't normally edit
workflows manually.  While we were using the graphical tool to create a
simple workflow, there was an instance where something similar
(unstoppable series of error dialogs) happened, but I don't remember the
exact circumstances.  It might have occurred during type resolution.
I'll let you know I encounter this issue again in a different context.

Thanks!
Xiaowen