[kepler-dev] web service actor

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at sdsc.edu
Wed Feb 25 17:40:37 PST 2004

CB> I just used java types as return objects because it was convenient to do
CB> so at the time.  it's not hard to change.  I'm not sure why you wouldn't
CB> want to use a java object, since soap allows for you to do such a thing.

Good. What other types does soap allow one to use/specify?
Maybe using Java types is a good thing, but we should just discuss.

CB>   If we intend to implement the token passing system that we have talked
CB> about before, i think we are going to need the functionality of a java
CB> object, not just an xsd type.  but we can talk about this. I just wanted
CB> to get something to work with grass/garp.

.. or maybe we need to functionality of a Ptolemy type object!?

CB> what did your heated  discussion entail?

that we need more discussions ;-)

Basically, the question was: if we add other type
mechanisms/assumptions such as Java types, C# types (just to be
"balanced") and PHP types, isn't that defeating the purpose of using
web services and WSDL (and thus also the reusability of those services
in Kepler!) ?

Bertram