[kepler-dev] bugzilla and kepler

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Feb 9 08:50:23 PST 2004

Hi All,

As Bertram has keenly noticed, I've setup a bugzilla project for kepler
and I've posted the first few bugs that I noted last week in our BEAM
meeting.  It would be great if everyone could document what you're
currently working on in bugzilla so we all could get a good idea of what
is going on and so we don't have any doubling up of coding.

I've created 3 milestones for kepler...beta 1, beta 2 and release on the
tentative dates may 7, june 1 and june 12 respectively.  For me (and
SEEK) the most important one right now is the May 7 since we will be
meeting in Edinburgh May 8-12 and it we should have something to show.
I set June 12 for release 1 because it's right before SSDBM.   I'm not
sure if that is an achievable milestone, but these things aren't set in
stone.  I picked June 1 for beta 2 just it was a couple weeks before
release 1.

If you create bugs for the kepler project, set
kepler-dev at ecoinformatics.org to the CC field and the bug messages will
get propegated out to the list.  Note that if you assign a bug to
yourself, but you don't go back and "accept" that bug, you'll start
getting tons of email from bugzilla telling you about your open bugs.
just accept your bugs and this won't happen.

let me know if anyone has problems using bugzilla or with the way I've
set this up.

chad

Chad Berkley
National Center for