[kepler-dev] A Workflow related paper and MoML/BPEL4WS

Jianting Zhang jzhang at lternet.edu
Mon Dec 20 12:36:00 PST 2004

Hi,

The following paper which will be published in Data & Knlowedge Engineering
next year seems related to our work on scientific workflow.

Managing structural genomic workflows using Web services
Data & Knowledge Engineering, Volume 53, Issue 1, April 2005, Pages 45-74
Maria Cláudia Cavalcanti, Rafael Targino, Fernanda Baião, Shaila C. Rössle,
Paulo M. Bisch, Paulo F. Pires, Maria Luiza M. Campos and Marta Mattoso

They use BPEL4WS to specify their workflow. A quick search tells me that a
plugin for Eclispe (based on the labelled transition system analyser (LTSA),
http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~hf1/phd/eclipse_project.htm ) is being developed.
Anyone in Kepler community has the expereinces with BPEL4WS (and its
supporting graphic tools) can compare them with MoML/Vergi under scientific
workflow context?

Thanks

Jianting