[kepler-dev] new kepler website

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Dec 3 11:52:50 PST 2004

After review of the test site for the last few weeks, we've finally gone
ahead and replaced the old Kepler web site with the new one based on a
wiki engine:

http://kepler-project.org/

Be sure to clear your cache and reload if you don't see the new site
when visiting this URL.

The new site allows Kepler members to directly edit web content by
clicking on the 'Edit this Page' link that can be found at the bottom of
every page.  You will be asked to log in by selecting your institution
and entering your username and password.  Each Kepler project member has
one of these.  If your institution is not listed, then I have created
your login under the 'unaffiliated' institution, which is a catch all of
all people that are at institutions that are not in our LDAP system.
Follow the link on the login page to have your password reset or changed
if you do not know it, and contact me if you have problems.

Editing wiki pages is a matter of learning the simple text formatting
rules: a summary is at the bottom of the editing page whenever you edit.
  Let me know if you have questions on this.

This web site, like most others, is publicly accessible and indexed by
Google, so you need to treat it as the public resource that it is -- so
be careful to not place content on the site that you wish to remain
private or that you don't have rights to distribute.

Cheers,
Matt

P.S. Other addresses are also aliased to this site
(http://www.kepler-project.org, http://kepler.ecoinformatics.org).
Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/
University of California Santa Barbara