[kepler-dev] Plan for gui modification of registry search

Laura L. Downey ldowney at lternet.edu
Thu Dec 2 08:31:52 PST 2004

Sorry I didn't respond sooner.  I've been out of town the last couple of
days.

I have begun doing a review of the interaction and visual design of Kepler
and sketching up some solutions.  I've already noted the issues with the
interaction design in the window that appears after the user clicks on the
"source" button from the data tab.  In fact Dan and I were just talking
about this Monday.  Jing you are correct in some of your observations of the
problems.  There is some definite confusion in the current design.
Currently, my plan is to deal with some of the interaction and visual design
issues of Kepler right after the beginning of the year.  Right now I'm
preparing some usability activities for the December ENM working meeting so
I'm tied up with that.

The easiest way to communicate the UI re-work that needs doing will be with
screen designs so I'll mock things up and get them into CVS.  I'll
coordinate with Matt on priorities.

Laura L. Downey
Senior Usability Engineer
LTER Network Office