[kepler-dev] Re: Customizing

Rod Spears rods at ku.edu
Tue Aug 24 12:51:24 PDT 2004

Here is my actor:

   <entity name="MyData"
class="org.ecoinformatics.seek.datasource.eml.eml2.Eml200DataSource">
        <doc>Data Source.</doc>
           <property name="script"
class="ptolemy.kernel.util.StringAttribute" value="Hello">
          </property>
          <property name="_tableauFactory"
class="org.ecoinformatics.seek.datasource.eml.eml2.QBTableauFactory">
              <property name="attributeName" value="script"/>

</property>

        </entity>

When I use "Configure" I get a one line text box with the value "Hello"
When I use "Look Inside" I get my "new" UI and it is empty and if I give
it a value and close the UI it seems to work. Then when I open the UI
again the new value is there.

If I save it, the "script" attribute has the value "Hello" and not the
value I typed in with the new UI.

What am I doing wrong?

I did experiment with the "style" but that changes the Configure dialog,
and it seems that I really want to use the "Look Inside" approach.

Thanks,
Rod