[kepler-dev] seek/kepler conference call notes

Shawn Bowers bowers at sdsc.edu
Sat Aug 21 09:53:56 PDT 2004

Just a couple of quick comments:

- For ontology based browsing of actors, I think we also need at least
some test ontologies/actors.  I think the biodiversity domain would be
good to use as a first case. But, there wasn't a bullet there that
mentions actual ontologies for testing/using the proposal.

- I would change the bullet from "semantic registration of MoML" to
"semantic registration of Actors and Workflows".  I think we need unique
id's for actors/workflows for sem. reg. as well (just like for saving
products to EcoGrid), to do this. Annotating MoML directly is more trouble
than it is probably worth, and would be much less efficient generally than
storing an external annotation.

- I think Ikay's idea of a blue box recorder is already implemented by our
MyGrid colleagues -- so perhaps we can borrow what they have done?

shawn