[kepler-dev] Re: zero-length arrays

Tobin Fricke tobin at splorg.org
Wed Aug 11 20:53:09 PDT 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Bertram Ludaescher wrote:

> (e.g., [] for arrays (aka lists!?) and {a: 17, b:18} or so for

[] is the "matrix" data type.  We don't really have a "list"  data type.
It would be sort of nice if we could have an abstract 'ArrayToken' with
underlying Array, List, etc, implementations, a la Java.  Right now
there's no way to append to an ArrayToken w/o copying the whole thing.

There could be a convention that {:} is the empty record, or something
like that.  (Or is it a record with a null-valued null-key ?!)

tobin