[SDM-SPA] Re: [kepler-dev] moving edu.ncsu to org.sdm.spa

Terence Critchlow critchlow1 at llnl.gov
Thu Apr 8 09:30:01 PDT 2004

Hi Bertram,

This is interesting. I was not aware of the ability to do non-materialized
views in CVS (or any other versioning system). If that is possible, that
would be a way to do handle this so everyone sees the information laid out
as they want / expect, and the actual format of the repository doesn't
matter as much. If the underlying version control system doesn't support
this, it would appear to take a lot of work to make it happen since the
different views would need to be defined and referenced somewhere
accessible from the repository and / or all versions of an actor would need
to be updated automatically if any one instance changed.

If you were thinking about it more from the perspective of the users
finding the available actors (you mentioned actor repository, and I wasn't
sure if this meant the same as the CVS development repository or not), then
it becomes a lot simpler - possibly with dynamically generated web pages
being able to identify the actors based on any of the properties.

Terence