[SDM-SPA] Re: [kepler-dev] moving edu.ncsu to org.sdm.spa

Ilkay Altintas altintas at sdsc.edu
Wed Apr 7 09:47:04 PDT 2004

Hey Xiaowen,

I agree with Efrat's idea of jarring th e3rd party source under
lib. I think that's how it should have done.

For the rest of the util files, I am not against having project
related util folders like seek does. That is the reason of the
util folder under spa in my dir. hierarchy sketch, too. Putting
joint actors in one project's folder also makes sense.

My concern is about the generic util files like xslt.
They are not actor code at all and also not project specific.
When we use each others code, we don't directly include the actor code.
But as long as something becomes useful for another person, the
core of the code (i.e. spa/XSLTActor<-->util/XSLT) was be moved to a
generic util folder.

But either way, it doesn't matter for me where the util folder is.
I use Kepler as the main development hierarchy and can reach all
the folders when I develop. I was just concerned that this will
make the sync harder as it won't be clear if somebody used a util
file from a util folder other than spa. The generic util folder would
solve this.

It was just my two cents. I'm back to my code design now... ;)

Ilkay