[kepler-dev] Re: [SDM-SPA] SPA configuration

Edward A Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Apr 1 19:41:12 PST 2004

This seems like exactly the right approach, but with one
addition that I would suggest:

Make it easy to publish actor libraries.

A lot of software systems fail because they provide infinite
configurability, but unusable defaults (the X window system,
for example).  This works fine for someone who really wants
to spend several hours configuring the system to their tastes,
but it doesn't work for most people.  I think that if, say,
someone in the oceanography community were to develop a useful
library, then we should make it very easy to someone else to
use it...

Edward