[Invest-forum] Zonal Stats error: string is not a geographic or projected coordinate system

noreply at ecoinformatics.org noreply at ecoinformatics.org
Thu Jul 14 14:45:04 PDT 2011

Re: Zonal Stats error: string is not a geographic or projected coordinate system

http://invest.ecoinformatics.org/discuss/tier-1-sediment-retention/641366573/324484986

    I am getting the error message below: Error calculating USLE: ERROR
   999999: Error executing function.("esri.SpatRefEnvironment") the input
   string is not a geographic or projected coordinate system ERROR
   010067: Error in executing grid expression. Zonal statistics program
   failed Failed to ecute (ZonalStatisitcsAsTable). My dr_deadvol and
   dr_time fields are set as integer. I'm running Invest 2.0 in ArcGIS
   9.3.1. I'm running the sedimentation model on 3 waterhseds in 3
   different countries, and the model runs fine for two of the countries.
   I'm only getting this error message on one country. I looked at the
   USLE raster that is produced for all three countries and is the input
   for the zonalstatisticbytable tool, and all produce floating point
   grids, so I'm not sure why this error is happening on this third
   country. The url has changed for the ESRI support on this bug. See new
   url below. It says the bug is fixed in 10.0.
   http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMDQzMzIx I question if my
   problem is this bug because all three countries have floating point
   grids and two of them work fine. Thanks in advance for any thoughts or
   suggestions of other things to change or check. Erika Previously
   Stacie Wolny wrote: If you happen to get the following error when
   running the Sediment model, it might be this ArcMap bug: NIM043321,
   http://resources.arcgis.com/content/nimbus-bug?bugID=TklNMDQzMzIx. To
   work around it, set the dr_deadvol and dr_time fields in the input
   table to type Long or Short Integer. ~ Stacie