[ecoinfo] Training workshop: Software tools for managing sensor networks

Corinna Gries cgries at wisc.edu
Tue Feb 19 11:48:22 PST 2013

Training workshop: Software tools and strategies for managing sensor
networks
We are pleased to announce a training workshop "Software tools and
strategies for managing sensor networks" sponsored by the Long-Term
Ecological Research program (_LTER_ <http://www.lternet.edu>) and the
University of California at San Diego (_UCSD_
<http://www.dataturbine.org/>). The training will be held April 23-26,
2013, at the LTER Network Office in Albuquerque, NM.  We have support to
cover travel and lodging for participants that need it. Registration is
now open with a deadline of March 4, 2013.
Please see _http://im.lternet.edu/im_training/sensors_2013_ and click on
"Training application form" to register. Your participation will be
confirmed by March 11, 2013. Participants will be selected to broadly
represent the ecological and environmental science community. Demand is
likely to be high and we probably will not be able to accommodate all
applicants.
The goal of this training is to promote best practices for sensor data
management and provide hands-on training in the use of existing tools
and common software. This workshop is designed to introduce several
software tools for managing streaming sensor data with hands-on
exercises. Software tool training will include Open Source DataTurbine,
GCE Data Toolbox for MATLAB, the CUAHSI technology stack, an
introduction to the Kepler workflow system and introductory R. Best
practices for managing sensor data and providing quality assurance and
quality control (QA/QC) will be discussed. Workshop trainers and
software resource links are listed on the webpage. The agenda and more
detailed information will follow in the coming weeks.
. Workshop dates: April 23 - April 26 (noon), 2013; Travel days: April
22 and April 26 afternoon.
. Registration deadline: March 4, 2013
. Participant confirmation: March 11, 2013
. Location: LTER Network Office, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
. We have support to cover travel and lodging for participants that need it.
For more information and to register for the workshop, please visit:
_http://im.lternet.edu/im_training/sensors_2013_
Don Henshaw
Andrews Forest (AND) LTER
Corinna Gries