[ecoinfo] Morpho 1.10.0 Released

ben leinfelder Leinfelder at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Sep 10 16:35:06 PDT 2012

We are pleased to announce the release of Morpho 1.10.0, an application for managing and sharing ecological and environmental data through the creation of structured metadata (data documentation).  Morpho enables data sharing among scientists through Knowledge Network for Biocomplexity servers. The new release of Morpho can be downloaded from:

http://knb.ecoinformatics.org/morphoportal.jsp

---------------------
Version 1.10.0 is a significant update, most notably it now supports EML 2.1.1 for multi-lingual metadata translations.

Other enhancements include:
	-Fully compatible with Metacat 2.0.x versions of the metadata server
	-More robust CSV parsing during data import
	-Support for using special characters in query terms (accents, etc)
	-Internationalized access control rule display

We hope that this software is useful to you.  We welcome feedback and comments that will make the application more useful in the future. Please submit bugs and problems through our bug tracking system (http://bugzilla.ecoinformatics.org) and send general feedback to 'morpho-dev at ecoinformatics.org'.

Current development of Morpho was supported by the National Science Foundation for the Semtools project (Grant #0743429), the DataONE project (OCI #0830944) and by the National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis, a Center funded by NSF (Grant #EF-0553768), the University of California, Santa Barbara, and the State of California.

The Morpho Development Team