[ecoinfo] Citation norms for datasets

Kyle Kwaiser kkwaiser at umich.edu
Thu Jul 14 12:15:49 PDT 2011

Hi Carl,

The repository we use is one I have built on Drupal for our field station:

http://umbs.lsa.umich.edu/

Thanks to work done by the LTER, I am able to provide metadata in an
EML compliant format and, at some point in the future, I will leverage
this to facilitate data contribution to a third party.  I am aware of
several such options but have not begun the process of evaluating them.

This means that I cannot offer a formal persistent identifier which is
hardly ideal and one of the reasons I hesitate to tell students to
place citations on their CV's.

Best,

Kyle