[ecoinfo] COmmunity Analysis Project

Jürgen Dengler dengler at botanik.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Jan 19 15:05:52 PST 2011

Dear Jena, dear all,

if someone searches vegetation-plot data with certain properties somewhere
on the world, there is, since several months an online metadatabase
available where you can search what you need: the Global Index of
Vegetation-Plot Databases (GIVD) at www.givd.info.

You cannot download the species and environmental data of the plots
directly from GIVD but you get the URL's of the online databases and the e-
mails of the hosts in the case of offline databases. Specifically for South
Africa, there are presently at least 3 major databases registered in GIVD.

Good luck with your search,

Jürgen