[ecoinfo] DataBits Fall 2007

Sabine Grabner sgrabner at msi.ucsb.edu
Wed Oct 10 09:06:41 PDT 2007

Dear IMs,

I am happy to announce the Fall 2007 issue of DataBits.

Classic look:

http://intranet.lternet.edu/archives/documents/Newsletters/DataBits/07fall/

Alternatively, this issue will be published with the Open Journal
Systems software, developed by the Public Knowledge Project, released
under GNU GPL. Since the current format of DataBits is showing its age
(retro style rainbow banner, eek!) and there are more sophisticated ways
than our copy-paste editing technique, we are test driving OJS to see if
a) meets our needs and b) the learning curve is acceptable considering
our rotating editorship. Please evaluate the OJS version of DataBits for
its look and feel. A likely next step for the Spring 2008 issue would be
to make use of OJS's article submission feature and customize the settings.

http://www.ecoinformatics.net/index.php/databits/issue/view/22

Enjoy reading a variety of articles from authors sharing their
knowledge, experience and opinion who I would like to thank for their
great contributions!

Enjoy!

Your Co-Editors: Sabine Grabner and Wade Sheldon

--

Sabine Grabner
Information Management

Moorea Coral Reef LTER