[ecoinfo] Reminder: MEBM Tool Innovation Fund LOIs Due Friday

Daniel Dunn dcd3 at duke.edu
Mon Mar 26 09:37:17 PDT 2007

The Marine Ecosystem-based Management Tool Innovation Fund
Request for Letters of Intent

The Marine Ecosystem-based Management Tool Innovation Fund is now
accepting Letters of Intent to submit grant applications.  The Fund is a
two year initiative supported by the David & Lucile Packard Foundation
to stimulate the development and dissemination of creative software
tools for Marine Ecosystem-Based Management (MEBM).  We seek to expand
the network of MEBM tool developers through the establishment of
targeted small grants and an associated technical support program. The
program will grant approximately $500,000 a year for two years in small
competitive grants to a broad range of organizations and developers.
The initiative will aggressively provide detailed tool development
guidelines, technical support, training workshops and assistance in tool
development to the grantees for the duration of the fund.  The primary
deliverable products will be the innovative, interoperable and freely
disseminated tools developed by the grantees.  We encourage all
applicants (there are currently no restrictions on who may apply) to
submit letters of intent.  To apply: please visit our website
(http://mgel.env.duke.edu/mebm) and read the instructions under "Grant
Application Process".  Please return the Letter of Intent form along
with a 1-page informal letter of introduction by March 30th.  If
possible, please submit via email.  Letters of Intent will be reviewed
and full application packages sent to all relevant projects by April
10th.  If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact our
project manager at daniel.dunn at duke.edu.

Sincerely,
Patrick N. Halpin

Gabel Associate Professor of the Practice of
Marine Geospatial Ecology, and
Director Geospatial Analysis Program
Nicholas School of the Environment and Earth Sciences
Duke University

Corresponding Contact:
Daniel Dunn
Research Associate