[ecoinfo] Second KNB data management workshop

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Dec 13 10:53:27 PST 2004

Dear colleagues,

The KNB project is happy to announce the second KNB data management
workshop.  The first workshop was a tremendous success, and so we are
happy to be able to host this second workshop to reach additional people
who are interested in the KNB tools.  The workshop will be held at the
LTER Network Office in Albuquerque, NM on February 2-4, 2005.

There will be sessions on EML, Morpho, and Metacat, and possibly some
specialty sessions as well.  The agenda will be tailored to accomodate
needs of the participants who attend the workshop. More details on the
workshop are available at the workshop web site:

http://knb.ecoinformatics.org/knbworkshop2.jsp

If you are interested in attending the workshop, please apply by filling
out the registration form at the above site as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, because of both space and funding limitations, we will
not be able to support all applicants.  We will select participants
based on their needs, their potential impact on others in the
discipline, and the compatibility of their data management background
with other participants.  The KNB project will pay the costs of travel,
lodging, and per-diem for accepted participants.

Thanks for your interest,

Matt Jones
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/
University of California Santa Barbara