[ecoinfo] OpenGIS Natural Resources and Environment Working Group

Chris G. Nicholas cgn at globexplorer.com
Thu Mar 20 19:18:15 PST 2003

Thought I would forward this along to you folks; we will probably have a few forms of distance participation capability if people are interested.

Topics of discussion we hope to open up include exploring the OpenGIS registry model concept of an ebXML registry to encompass "well-known" taxonomies of natural resource information, and the general topic of federation.

In particular, we'd be extremely interested if people think there is a realistic prospect not only for data interchange, but perhaps down the road a few years, distributed, hierarchical modeling, that might structurally link in with national synoptic efforts using Globus/GRID or other appropriate technologies.

Chris Nicholas
GlobeXplorer