[ecoinfo] eml 2.0.0beta9 release

eml-dev eml-dev at ecoinformatics.org
Fri Jun 14 14:52:55 PDT 2002

Hello Ecoinformatics.org members,

The eml-dev team is pleased to announce the release of EML version
2.0.0beta9 for review.  There are many significant changes in this
release that we hope will increase the flexibility and usability of
EML.  You can download the release from
http://knb.ecoinformatics.org/software/eml.  All of the documentation is
also accessible from that site, as well as being packaged with the
release.  We have also included a normative EML specification in HTML
DocBook form.

Known issues include the content within eml-literature.xsd, data file
distribution and various other minor points.  We are anticipating that
the beta 9 release will become version 2.0.0 release candidate 1 after
this initial review so the content model should not change significantly
from this version to the next.  Note that with this release, we have
only included XML Schemas, not DTDs.  We will suplement the release with
the DTD set at a later point in time.

We look forward to hearing any comments you may have.  Please send any
comments to eml-dev at ecoinformatics.org.

Sincerely,
The eml-dev team