[ecoinfo] improvements to ecoinformatics.org

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Feb 4 14:17:52 PST 2002

The http://www.ecoinformatics.org web site has been overhauled to try to
make it more useful to data managers and developers interested in
ecological informatics.  As part of the process, we have introduced some
  new services that we hope you will find worthwhile:

   * CVS Source code repository for supported projects
          Anyone with a development project relevant to ecological
          informatics can request a new sub-project. The first
          sub-project is Ecological Metadata Language (EML)
          http://cvs.ecoinformatics.org

   * Mailing lists
          For general discussion of ecological informatics, and
          for specific development efforts like EML.

   * New Charter
          Describing our mission and goals, and the mechanisms
          that we have put in place to make it a collaborative
          site.
          http://www.ecoinformatics.org/charter.html

Ecological Metadata Language (EML) is our first subproject. We invite
you to consider opening up your own projects to the broader community so
  that other data managers and developers can benefit from your work.
The charter describes how to request new sub-projects.

Please send a note to 'ecoinfo at ecoinformatics.org' or
'pmc at ecoinformatics.org' if there are changes you think should be made
to ecoinformatics.org or if you would like to contribute to the
development of ecoinformatics.org services.  We welcome contributors and
new ideas!

Matt Jones                                    jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/